Thursday, July 11, 2019

IT is time that we Tibetan women must come out and speak loudly against sexual abuse by monks, Geshe, Trulku, Rinpoche and Lamas





Tendrol, from Dharamshala , says:on 9 May 2019 at 7:56 pm
Dear Tibetan sisters,
IT is time that we Tibetan women must come out and speak loudly against sexual abuse by monks, Geshe, Trulku, Rinpoche and Lamas. I know of 100s of Tibetan women who have been abused by Lamas and monks. We are forced to keep silent because of shame associated with the sex. The worst is some of the assistant sexual concerns minor and young boys and girls.
The problem is Tibetan monks, Lamas, Geshe, Trulkus and Rinpoches are brought up in monasteries and not contact with women, and they don’t know how to talk to a woman. When they reach adulthood, their sexual desire and urges are strong, and the only way they know is by force.
I avoid being alone with any male religious figures because whenever I have been alone, lamas have tried to force themselves on me. Very often when I am walking alone, a monk would expose himself.
It is time that the Tibetan women should speak out against sexual abuse by our religious figures.
  • 28.
    Tennyi, from Dharamshala , says:on 10 May 2019 at 6:17 am
    I agree with Tendrol, we Tibetan women should and must come out to speak out against all the Lamas, Rinpoche and Tulku who abuse their religious power and molest women. Today, I was talking with a group of women and we all had a horrible experience with Tibetan monks and Lamas. I used to go Kora every day in Dharamsala, but I had to stop going because there was a monk from Namgyal Drastang who is always exposing himself. Sometimes he is waiting for me in distance, and when I passed nearby he will lift his robe.
    I hope we Tibetan women can start metoo movement and expose the sexual abuse by monks and Lama. Honestly, I don’t trust any Tibetan monks and Lama. When I travel on bus from Dharamsala to Delhi, If I seated next to a monk, I will change my seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment