Thursday, September 27, 2018

FaceBook public post and thread by Ravenna Michalsen - November 11, 2017

A public post and thread on FaceBook

It's time: I have been sexually harassed by a few different people within the Shambhala Buddhist community. It has absolutely discouraged me from my personal practice, as well as attending and staffing retreats. I long wondered what was wrong with *ME* because everyone else seemed to be getting along so great, and loving it all - and I *DO* love the vision and the Sakyong and the practices. But I didn't deserve to be treated the way I was and be shunted to the periphery because I have a voice and I will use it. Hearing the stories of other women who have experienced the same thing makes me a combination of enraged and paralyzed. It's time we all either made use of the Care and Conduct procedure (which didn't exist when my incidents happened), or write so many letters we cannot be ignored or discredited as "neurotic" or "not a good practitioner". Be in touch if you like. I'm ready to take action so that *I* can be comfortable again the sangha. #metoo #Shambhala

No comments:

Post a Comment